On the Anglesey Coastal Path
This beach hut started out as a “bathing hut” for the occupants of the great Carreglwyd estate over 100 years ago. Since then it has slowly evolved into a very comfortable place, still set within the coastline and overlooking the spectacular and undiscovered sandy Borthwen Beach. Beachcomber’s is in an enviable location with the tranquil beach as its garden! With the coast on the doorstep, and in an Area of Outstanding Natrual Beauty, the cottage is a perfect place to relax and explore the extended magnificent coastline, with its many hidden coves. There are views of the ocean from each of the bedrooms, and the living area has patio doors that open to the decking area on the wild beach garden. There is a BBQ and table and chairs to enjoy the sounds of the tide and the curlews. Please note that there are no boundaries between you and the beach, so those with small children should be aware of the possible dangers.
There are luxuries within the former bathing hut such as a Flat Screen High Definition television, DVD player, in addition to the basics such as a dish washer, washing machine/dryer, microwave, small fridge, kettle, toaster, hair dryer, iron/ironing board and health and safety equipment, such as smoke alarms.
The accommodation can cater for up to 5 guests:
- I double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- 1 compact double bedroom with either two single beds or a 6 foot super king bed
- Spacious living area with wood burning stove and seating for 6
- Dining area for 6 within main living area
- Small breakfast room off living area with breakfast bar/single day bed (3 foot bed that can be used for sleeping purposes)
- Small family bathroom with bath/hand shower and heated towel rail. Accommodates washing machine and dryer.
- Crog loft with single bed and ladder access ( may be suitable for an adult or a supervised child)
- 2 fold-up beds and a travel cot available for use in any of the bedrooms or living area
- High chair, travel cot and children’s toys available
- Heating via modern storage heater and a wood burning stove (please note the property is subject to high winds during the year which can absorb the heat!)
- Wide Screen High Definition TV/DVD
- Parking for three cars
- Decking area leading to beach with table/chairs and BBQ
- Basket of logs provided and additional available for £5 per basket
- I dog allowed free – any additional cost £20 per week
- Smoking outside
Attractions and Activities - click here
For bookings please contact Catherine:
Tel: 07918 901843
Inclusive in the price for each cottage is a luxury welcome hamper.
Grocery deliveries can be arranged along with home-cooked meals using fresh local ingredients. In addition we can organise activities such as horse riding, go-carting, golfing, fishing and pamper days on your behalf.
We also offer services such as baby-sitting.
Access to the nearby Carreglwyd Estate with its huge fishing lake and woodland walks can be arranged